
Fever fluctuates as
I vascillate between dreams
conscious and unconscious
of Autumn happenings
apple orchards, cinnamon donuts
pumpkin farms, hay rides
fall foliage of crimson and gold
breathtaking views
sweet aromas of apple pies
home cooked meals and hot chocolate
nurturing this body back to wellness
I hunker down wrapped in my soft robe
tea in hand and pup at my side
my heart fills of happy thoughts
of this season so cherished
as I experience the moments of Fall
if only in my dreams
23 comments:
What beautiful, gentle imagery!
You've captured all the things I love best about fall.
your poem was a taste sensation!
The wonderful things of fall..You said it perfect.
Katelen
although aching, its comforting at the same time FYI: got the book, love it! decided I would perhaps tell you some of my favs, but as I went through...there were too many :) keep writing!
prayers sweet Noelle
thanks guys!!
Kay, thank you so much for buying my book!!! You are so sweet. I think it's your turn now!!!
Beautiful imagery!
Noelle, your poetry is absolutely beautiful! You are greatly talented. I will be stopping by frequently to read more. Thank you for sharing your treasures.
You have beautifully captured the healing essence of Autumn. I not only loved it, I could taste it--if only in my dreams.
Really so pretty and very comforting. I enjoyed this poem so much and wanted to snuggle down with the words. Thank you for this lovely distraction.
Noelle, I was sensing a feeling dread of the things that winter can bring out. After the read of your well crafted images, I now have a sense of anticipation for the up coming seasons, thank you.
How is your book doing?
Your warm comment on mine is truly appreciated, my friend...
a real treat this is, i have two little ones down with the flu now and how sweet these thoughts you have are.
thanks for stopping by.
Autumn caught in your hands, held and nutured into beautiful words.
Very beautiful...and I thought I had commented already.
What Saraha has said is perfect and so true...
Happy weekend Noelle~
Calli
N-pretty words and thoughts for a nice time of year. Very soothing. calming. lovely poem. ~rick
Yes, Noelle Autmn is the most
glorious season. I always feel
Autumn to be comforting and
exciting, and you've captured
why in your poem.
I come alive with Autumn. Thank you for your lovely poem.
♥
Autumn signals the end of things spent and dying. The relentless heat of summer gives way to soft downward swirling leaves as they ever so gentle fall in a delicate dance to the ground. It consumes my senses with all the colors and textures. It inspire me. I come alive during this time. I cherish it and store it in my mind for days when I need a reminder of the beauty of life.
Thank you so for becomng a folower; although I have just began.
To look for healing in the season. I like it. Feel better soon.
Noelle-you make it all seem so much more beautiful than even it can be. but I hope not only in a dream. Enjoy the steaming cup. ~rick
That is one of your best poems ever.
What a gift of a morning. The imagery was dew-covered and rich. :)
Post a Comment