Friday, May 21, 2010

Invisible Keepsakes

Invisible keepsakes
those memories of you
they've charted my path
unconscious but true
weeping willow
melancholic soul
the long lost wait
has taken its toll
the sadness is sacred
though the dream is gone
that hope of someday
I secretly counted on
some things were just
not meant to be
those dizzy notions
caused complacency
keeping me captive
those memories have cost
invisible keepsakes
all the while lost

4 comments:

Opaque said...

Right from the beginning, if there is honesty, one can and shall know whether things were meant to be or not. If there was no honesty, the delusion is short-lived. But, then, isn't it good that one is out of that deceiving mirage no matter how beautiful it was.

Barry said...

Poignant and a all too human tendency captured with great fidelity.

Nicely done.

findingmywingsinlife said...

I know this, understand it in a way I wish that I didn't. But I've learned something from it and found that it is often best to leave it where it lays and walk on forward to those dreams you've placed in front of you :) although, admittedly it is always easier said than done.

beautifully written btw.

Ritz.. said...

Good writing ,... I myself have written so many write -ups on the same thought .. so i liked it..!


Love
Ritz..
http://delectableflavors.blogspot.com/