Sunday, October 24, 2010

Travels

You may understand how I unraveled
for on the same path you have traveled.
If I lean in your direction,
will you give my heart protection?
If I place your hand in mine,
I think again, the sun might shine.
upon the shadows of my face,
there will be no longer be a trace.
Will you be my port in this storm,
show me tenderness to keep me warm?
Will you promise to be a true friend,
and love me 'til the very end?
Together, there may be a fleeting chance,
to live a happy, true romance.

10 comments:

Dulçe ♥ said...

Girl!
Lady
This is so beautifully full of intense love and hope.
I wonder always how good or bad this dependance can be... whare in the ebd it leads to if we are not given half the same, at least...

;)
Dulce

Noelle Dunn.... A Poet in Progress said...

Thank you Dulce! Hope is in the air!

Triana said...

Beautiful :)

Craftsman of light said...

Noelle,
Your words hop and leap....and it makes me hop and leap too.
i love the rhythm of this poem....and am carried away!

nb: i love your new presentation, i love the picture, You, and the cup of tea you offer!
i could just give you a very big hug for it!

Noelle Dunn.... A Poet in Progress said...

Thanks so much!! A smile is now on my face!!

Rick said...

Noelle
beautiful desire here. But I'm like Dulce, I wonder when we ask for so much if we don't set each other up for fail. Maybe a promise is best not given.
~rick

Patty said...

I love this! Beautiful!!!

Noelle Dunn.... A Poet in Progress said...

I used to think that myself, Rick...but I find that when I had that frame of mind, I accepted so little and I am sooo not doing that again!! Good point though, expectations should be realistic and my happiness is definitely not dependent on another. :)

Noelle Dunn.... A Poet in Progress said...

Thanks Pschall!

Dave King said...

A lovely and very unusual blog. I love the repetition of the same pic on each page. Strangely, it seems to work particularly well when you have other images on top. I would never have thought of that. Refreshing.